Welcome to September at casa.org! In this week's Education Round-Up, what we might lack in podcast episodes and books, we MORE than make up for in educational offerings in the "other news" section. Check out news from Viridian Productions, Acaville Radio, Accent and Cadence below!
Have a suggestion about additions? Any upcoming educational opportunities you'd like shared? Send a message to [email protected] and we'll make sure it makes the next Round-Up!
- This week's episode of Justin Glodin's Aca-Education podcast is all about the process and practice of arranging, with guests Katherine Bodor, Bryan Sharpe, and Jeff Bratz. Listen now or check the episode out on Acaville Radio at 7pm EST on Thursdays, and Sundays at 8am and 8pm.
- This article from Alex Alberti is a comprehensive look at some of the most popular multitrack video resources for making music virtually. College music directors and high school a cappella educators, make sure to check this one out!
- Viridian Productions is offering a new program of live workshops called ELEVATE. If you're planning to submit a video to this year's virtual Varsity Vocals competitions, this series of videos and 1-on-1 coachings might be the competitive edge you're looking for!
- Check out the Pandemic Survival Kit, a compilation of health/science information, education, and entertainment resources, put together by the folks over at Acaville Radio.
- Dr. J.D. Frizzell has launched a series of interactive, online choir lessons for use in classrooms. These "turnkey" lessons include everything an educator needs, including audio/video examples and sheet music included.
- After the success of an amazing video "history lesson" through the arranging styles of some of the best known a cappella groups of the last few decades, the guys of Accent have created a workshop to explore some of the ideas from the video. Along with master classes from other artists, it will be available to stream/purchase until September 13th.
- The members of Cadence are now offering online lessons for the fall, on topics from music theory to vocal technique and music production with ProTools. Send them a Facebook message or an e-mail for more information.
- Check out this video for beginning beatboxers from Seboom Beatbox Academy!