Welcome the final week of August! Secondary schools, as well as colleges and universities, are starting to "head back" across the US, and making the most of a tough situation is on everyone's minds. On this week's Education Round-Up, you'll find the first in a new series about circle singing, a podcast update, and a few other odds and ends from around the aca-sphere.
As always, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have articles/events/podcasts to share, and we'll make sure it makes the next Round-Up!
- On the Aca-Education podcast, Evan Feist and Marc Silverberg discuss improvisation in the classroom with host Justin Glodin. Listen now or check the episode out on Acaville Radio at 7pm EST on Thursdays, and Sundays at 8am and 8pm.
- This week on Counterpoint with Deke Sharon and Rob Dietz, some answers to listener questions!
- Paola Munda shares an introduction to circle singing. This is the first in a monthly series on the CASA website - let us know what else you're interested in learning about the fun, improvisational musical style!
- Recently Released: Teaching Music Through Performance in Contemporary A Cappella edited by Deke Sharon, J.D. Frizzell, and Marc Silverberg,
- In preparation for the upcoming *virtual* SoJam, the team is looking for thoughts about the festival, including what educational sessions you might be interested in seeing on the schedule. Check out the Google form here.
- TODAY is the last day to indicate your interest to AEA to be a virtual instructor! The application form is here.
- Video recordings of The Barbershop Harmony Society's Virtual Harmony University are available through end of August.
- Dr. Marc Silverberg and Acaville Radio announced A Cappella Masterclass, a series of classes on a variety of a cappella topics, recorded by some of the finest names in a cappella.