Welcome to a relatively light week of education at casa.org! On this week's Education Round-Up, we're featuring some podcast updates, some useful articles, and a website link for learning how to better record a cappella.
Have a suggestion about additions? Any upcoming educational opportunities you'd like shared? Send a message to email@example.com and we'll make sure it makes the next Round-Up!
- On this week's Aca-Education podcast, Justin Glodich continues his conversation with the team at Cut Off Studios. Listen now or check the episode out on Acaville Radio at 7pm EST on Thursdays, and Sundays at 8am and 8pm.
- On the Polyphony podcast, hosts Aaron and Rachael discuss the scholastic impact of the coronavirus pandemic with guests Dennis Gephart (Port Washington High School), Lisa Marien (Nathan Hale Arts Magnet) and Justin Glodich (Valley Central Middle School).
- This article from Pablo Vega of The Workshop is a great set of tips for choirs looking to put together well-recorded audio and video of their virtual performances.
- From the Barbershop Harmony Society, this short video introduces the style to people who might be unfamiliar. Scroll to the bottom to sign up for a free resource kit designed especially for educators.
- Looking for help with recording? Danny Ozment has put together a website with online courses, workshops, coachings, and a podcast!