Welcome to another week of education at casa.org! On this week's Education Round-Up, we're featuring some podcast updates, a call for educators from the AEA, and a couple of selected threads from the (newly named) A Cappella NOW Facebook group.
Have a suggestion about additions? Any upcoming educational opportunities you'd like shared? Send a message to [email protected] and we'll make sure it makes the next Round-Up!
- A discussion of inclusiveness on Justin Glodin's Aca-Education podcast, featuring Heather Newkirk, Daniel Valenzuela, and CASA North Region Relationship Manager, Isaiah Hawkins! Listen now or check the episode out on Acaville Radio at 7pm EST on Thursdays, and Sundays at 8am and 8pm.
- This week on the production-focused Headroom podcast with Kyle Howard and Ricky Jabarin, a Headroom "Bit" featuring tips and tricks for working with everyone's favorite open secret: Melodyne!
- In preparation for the next episode of Counterpoint, Deke and Rob are asking for input and questions. Find them throughout social media.
- The Contemporary A Cappella League continues their Thursday video series at 8pm EST/5pm PST. This free event, hosted by Amanda Cornaglia, is part two of their series about socially distanced audio and video recording.
This post offers even more resources for working with Melodyne.
- This awesome list of Black composers, including Ysaÿe Barnwell of Sweet Honey in the Rock, was compiled by Blake Morgan from Voces8.
- Recently Released: Teaching Music Through Performance in Contemporary A Cappella edited by Deke Sharon, J.D. Frizzell, and Marc Silverberg,
- The AEA is looking for instructors to share virtual coachings on a variety of topics during the upcoming school year. Applications are open until August 27th.
- Video recordings of The Barbershop Harmony Society's Virtual Harmony University are available through end of August.
- Dr. Marc Silverberg and Acaville Radio announced A Cappella Masterclass, a series of classes on a variety of a cappella topics, recorded by some of the finest names in a cappella.