Submit to Compete
BOSS plans on continuing to push the boundaries of scholastic performance... even from home. Want to be a part of our ever-evolving and consistently innovative show? Want to make art? Compete at BOSS—we're your people.
For BOSS 2021, we've also introduced a new category to the Scholastic Competition: The Original Short-Form!
In collaboration with the world-renowned Aarhus Vocal Festival, we're excited to announce that this year's Scholastic Competition winners will have their videos featured during the evening concert of the Aarhus Online Vocal Festival! Aarhus Vocal Festival has partnered with the Royal Academy of Music Aalborg Vocal Center to present a new project called eAAVF – Aarhus Online Vocal Festival. Taking place May 21st–23rd, 2021, eAAVF will host a 3 day FREE online event with concerts, talks, hybrid-workshops and webinars. (Stay tuned for more information on how to get your free tickets to eAAVF.)
Questions? Concerns? Feelings? Contact Emily Flanders, our Artistic Director, at email@example.com.
Submissions are closed!
Thanks to all those who submitted to compete.
Congratulations to our selected competitors: All-Night Yahtzee, from Florida State University; In Full Colour, from the University of Waterloo; On the Vox, from Berklee College of Music; Radius, made up of collegiate members from around the country; and [UNTITLED], from Towson University.
Selected competitors will be announced Tuesday, March 30.
If selected to compete, groups will be required to submit their final competition performance videos via a submission form, to be provided. Final videos should adhere to the following:
- An 8–12-minute response to the competition theme.
- Post-production is allowed—groups are welcome to use outside resources as needed to produce a high-quality competition set.
- Videos must be submitted by 5:00 PM ET, Friday, April 23.
The Original Short-Form
Submissions due Friday, April 16
Purchase your All-Access Passes
- Groups of any size, made up of members from any school(s), can submit to compete—including individuals. All members must be full-time students.
- All participants must purchase All-Access Passes to be eligible for this competition category.
- Be sure to indicate your interest in the Original Short-Form competition during check-out. Once you've purchased passes, the BOSS team will reach out to you with this year's Short-Form theme.
Make us a video (under 60 seconds, please) including the following:
- An original composition performed in response to the Short-Form theme provided.
- Post-production is allowed for this competition category.
Fill out the submission form
- Upload your submission video to YouTube, make it unlisted, and submit it via the form below by 5:00 PM ET, Friday, April 16.
- Winning videos will be revealed during the Scholastic Competition on Friday, April 30.